Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Last Night We Were Astronauts! And Astrologists!




And we drove til there were no streetlights and the sky, well we saw all of it!I got out of work and called Brooklynn. My new lady friend whom i met sometime last year but just recently became close with. Last night a meteor shower would take place from midnight to 5am. I picked her up and we drove into the darkness down hwy 35. Drove til we couldnt see the city lights.. just the blackness and a starry sky. We turned down a road she was familiar with and parked on a deserted street. She brought the Blow Pops, i brought the cigarettes. We listened to everything from Brand New to Keith Sweat and together we just watched the sky waiting for those quiet meteorites. And with the blink of an eye....they came. shooting stars and flashing lights, some dim, others bright and we made all kinds of wishes last night...and we laughed at our own humor and talked of metaphorical love tumors... and i loved myself more for not pitying myself over recent events. I loved myself more even though I have no man to fall asleep with.So much bullshit,immature drama has formed over the past week.Its brought down my spirits tremendously no matter how hard i try to shake it. But last night...Laying on that hard uncomfortable pavement, singing along to "almost doesnt count" by Brandi, getting attacked by flying insects and yelling "OOOOHHH!" everytime we saw a shooting star...or mentioned Rufeo...our bar crush....well it reminded me that life really is too damn short...and drama and the people who bring it...will arrive from near and far to do everything they can to try to chop you down and theres nothing you can do about it. Many people love and WILL love me and some are gonna straight up despise me(like the few of you....i know youre reading this) but EVERYONE will know me. They will know my name, my game, and what ive done and stand for...and that gives me tremendous satisfaction and relief. Not an arrogant satisfaction....but the satisfaction of knowing I'm doing something right. That my words and my life experiences and my opinions are OBVIOUSLY getting heard and read and people are being affected. Haha Im like the Perez Hilton of San Antonio at the Moment. San Antonio Juice...Not From Concentrate. (Only Im using fake names for everyone and nobody here is a celebrity....yet ;] )

So me and Brooklynn moved on to a different issue that night... Love...go figure. Now dont get me wrong...I know im not super model material and i got more flaws then talents but I love and know myself enough to know that im amazing.Period. End of story. It doesnt take long for love to find me...its the staying part thats hard.

True love...how will you know? Seriously...How Will You Know? Now im not asking god to allow me to look into my future and show me when where and how ill meet Him...(although a hint would be kinda nice,big guy) but i do contemplate the possibilities and issues around True Love...Theres a biiiiig world out there. Bigger than me and you and us and we...bigger than kanye's ego and Bill Gates' bank account.(oh yes i did make a cheesy celebrity joke and yes you did find it funny in a corny way) Point is, is that how do we know our true love isnt somewhere halfway across the world saving animals or on a business trip in Japan. How do I know MY true love isnt rocking a mic in brooklyn tonight or reciting poems to a highschool english class that couldnt careless about his passion....(but i do, boo...whoever you are,wherever you are).

*le sighhhh*

What about the people that stay in one place their wholes lives?.... The people who dont travel and see the world...who dont care to...what about them? Does God send them their true love? Is it a godly thing? or is soul searching OUR own mission... Is their significant other TRULY their true love or is it just someone they truly love?

So many questions.
So many things to think about....

I like being single. i enjoy it.
but im a natural born lover...
Naturally Born To Love.
ill wait for love...but please dont make me wait too long.

(heres to hoping Love will bring me a tall handsome poetic man with a sense of humor and a big smile...someone whose good with kids, has a good job and will stay for a while)


<3

1 comment:

Kanda Enemy said...

wow. wish i had seen it. :-/ i know what you mean about waiting and being a natural born lover. think i'm out of patience but still i walk, not wandering, but waiting.

love it.

k